I am not a fan of Arch Linux or Chakra Linux but when I try to install and run Chakra Linux, I realize that its quite interesting. Here we post how to install the new Chakra Linux 2012.09 based on Arch Linux. You may want to read our previous post on Chakra Linux 2012.09 screenshot tour. Chakra Linux 2012 KDE is quite heavy for my Virtualbox. I create a new virtual machine with 1 GB of RAM and still feel slow. But anyway here steps to install Chakra Linux 2012.09.
- Chakra Linux 2012.09 ISO
- VirtualBox or VMware Workstation
- Partition your hard disk first. You can read the instruction here.
1. Boot Chakra 2012.09. On the desktop, go to KDE menu and select Installation. The Chakra installation wizard will be opened. Press Next on the first screen.
2. Read the release note. Press Next when ready.
3. Select the installation language, your time zone from the list or simply click on the map related to your current region.
4. Now we need to add new user and provide password.
5. The next step is to select the partition in which we install Chakra 2012. If you don’t see your disk or partition listed here. You have to partition your disk first. See this post to do this. At least we must have two partition for “/” (root) and linux swap. You will need to format the partition designed for root. Press Format button and select the file system.
6. Review the partition layout before proceeding to the installation process.
7. The installation process will take place. Wait until it finished.
After reboot, Chakra Linux 2012.09 is ready for you.
- chakra linux
- chakra linux 2012 09
- chakra vmware
- chakra on vmware
- how to install charka linux