Ubuntu is an easy Linux distribution that is good for a Linux newbie or even an expert. There are many ways to install applications on Ubuntu. But now, using Y PPA Manager, we can integrate more repositories to Ubuntu so we can easily install many applications right away from Ubuntu. Introducing the new version of Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.7. Y PPA Manager is a free and nice tool for Ubuntu for easier way to search any packages in Ubuntu PPAs. We can also add, remove or edit the PPA entries easily.
Here we will show you how to add or install this new Y PPA Manager version 0.0.8.7 on Ubuntu Quantal Quetza 12.10. This method should be applicable to previous version such as Ubuntu 12.04 as well.
Install Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.7
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/y-ppa-manager
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install y-ppa-manager
Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.7 comes with the following features:
- added “update-ppa” which can update a single PPA source and not all software sources, useful for those with limited internet connectivity. Usage example: sudo update-ppa ppa:webupd8team/y-ppa-manager (thanks Satya)
- when adding a PPA, the new “update-ppa” is used automatically so only that PPA source is updated, not all software sources
- added man pages (thanks Satya)
- automatically support newer Ubuntu versions (so this means the new version works on Ubuntu Quantal now)
- y ppa manager debian squeeze
- can i use y-ppa-manager debian
- y-ppa-manager on debian squeeze installieren
- y-ppa-manager for debian weezy
- y-ppa manager debian squeeze